There are many variables that determine the price of an electrical panel replacement however on average you should budget $2000-$3000.

With proper annual maintenance you could expect to have about 20 to 30 years of life out of an electrical panel.

Flickering lights, buzzing or humming sound coming from your electrical panel and also circuit breakers that trip regularly are all signs of a failing electrical panel.

Yes! Standby generators are an excellent investment to protect your home and your family against short term and long term power failures.

Yes, a home standby generator is designed to run 24/7 in the event of power failure however it can be switched off to conserve fuel if you choose.

A portable generator will have to be shut down in order to refuel about every five hours but a home standby generator that is connected to your natural gas is designed to run 24/7.

No, dimmers can only be installed on approved lightbulbs that are designed to be dimmed. If you have an older dimmer and try to install it on a newer lightbulb you will get what is called the strobe effect and flickering lights. This can also be a fire hazard as a dimmer will overheat.

This is a ground fault circuit that interrupt her device and it is designed to protect you against electrical shock in the event that the appliance you were holding fails or comes into close contact with water.

They should be installed in all kitchen, bathrooms, garage is and outdoor areas.

Yes, we can rewire a historic home while it is being lived in.

It is in fact difficult and time-consuming but extremely necessary to rewire an older home with inadequate wiring.

Yes, any home built before 1960 and still using the original wiring should be rewired. The electrical standard changes and upgrades every three years and homes built during this time. Have wiring that is compromised. Homes built during this time. We’re not designed to handle the amount of electrical load and sensitive electronics that we use in today’s homes. This extra load puts a lot of stress on older wiring causing it to feel more frequently.

No, every call is important to us.

We prioritize all service calls in the order they are received and give higher attention to all service calls that are a safety concern.

Yes, even with a whole house surge protector you should have a separate high quality surge protector for your electronics.

A common calls is loose connections and older wiring. In addition to that, the power company actually allows for a variable in power surges and that alone can sometimes cause damage to your sensitive electronics.

Very likely! In fact it happens on a daily basis.

Most houses built during this time were wired with aluminum wiring due to a copper shortage and price increase. Aluminum wiring is very soft and can be very dangerous. If your home has aluminum wiring it is considered high risk and should be rewired.

The electrical panels with the highest for fire risk are Zinsko, federal Pacific and all screw and type fuse boxes. If you have any of these type electrical distribution centers in your home they should be replaced.